Monday, September 5, 2011

It's a boy! and other news :-)

Hello Friends

Well, here is a little secret I've been holding on to :-)
My darling Mighty - whom I mentioned in the last post, has close contact with his birth parents. A few months ago his mother informed me that she was pregnant and had gone to have an abortion but the doctors said it was too risky given her ill health. She asked me to take the baby and raise it with Mighty.

Well, little Alexander was born over the weekend weighing 3.1kg. I get to meet him at 2 o'clock today so I'm super excited :-) When I can I will post a pic :-) My kids are all so happy with the idea (although most had voted for a girl :-* ) I know it won't matter though when he comes home, they will all love him madly :-)

The other news is that today would be the 65th Birthday of Freddie Mercury :-)
I can here the ???? in your minds.

Well, our wonderful Austrian Adoptive father, Volker Nogradnik has recorded and dedicated the proceeds of a Memorial song for Freddie Mercury to TLC.


You can view it here of on the link below.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stkpcU0jvro

And then finally :-)

Heritage day is this month!
 Here is the invitation ... you are ALL invited :-)



Those of you who cannot make it, please consider making a small donation toward the expenses of hosting such an event, it is always good for TLC to present ourselves to new people but it is not without its cost.

Also, things have been very quiet from all of you lately but I can see our hits are nearly on 20 000 so I assume you are all still there :-) I love to hear how you are doing so please send me a little note to say what's up :-)

We Love you All
Pippa

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa! Just to say I regularly read your posts and really enjoy keeping up with TLC news. I have only just worked out how to be a follower, so here's my first message to you!

    I came to TLC with Soapbox in August 2006 and it has never left my heart since then. Life has moved in directions for me which have meant that I have, as yet, been unable to return and help but believe me, it's on my agenda BIG TIME!

    Please keep posting stuff and know that you are held up in love and prayer by many of us who admire (and envy) the work that you so faithfully do.

    Big hugs,
    Your sister in christ,

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pippa! Congratulations on wee Alexander! I'm looking forward to seeing a picture. Thanks so much for the updates, I am reading them regularly and praying for you guys! I hope heritage day is as much fun as always!
    Love Karen (Freeburn).

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post! I love the song each time I hear it! Have a very blessed Heritage day! Blessings with the new babies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pippa, I could see things had finally weighed you down when we met. I am praying for you, brave, strong lady of God. If anyone is interested in the perspective of someone who has the home close to her heart but is not directly involved, please read my blog http://laurenalopes.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-need-your-tender-loving-care.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pippa have really missed your blog. also moms & the boys, I know your life is sooo hectic! I do love to hear what is happening at tlc. I can understand how yu must feel 'blue' you have plenty of things to discourage you, but God WILL bless this wonderful work. I have decided this again this year not to get any x-mas gifts & have asked my friends to donate to tlc.it won't be much but a little help Once again God's richest blessing on you all

    warmest christain love

    Anne xxxx

    ReplyDelete