Thursday, August 1, 2013

Don't be afraid of the dark ... remember your never alone ...

Hello Friends!





What can one say after so many months of silence?
"I am so sorry" doesn't quite cut it!

I can only say that I have been to the pit!
I got lost somewhere in all the problems and issues of the last few years and
I could no longer care.

After reaching such a desolate place, my sister Joanna convinced me to seek some medical attention and I am happy to say that I am on my way back up the hill!

 
The title of this blog is from a favourite Lullaby of mine... the words go
 
"Don't be afraid of the Dark,
Remember you're never alone.
The Lord will surround you with angels of light,
His love will be with you all day and all night."

Truly, in my life I AM surrounded by His angels! My life is full of blessing and love and I am just so very happy to be able to see this Truth again!

I'm sorry you have missed a lot but ...
Here are some of the going's on in our life at TLC.


 
 Some of you will remember "Little Bea". Look at how she has grown!
She now speaks 3 languages fluently, plays tennis like a pro and is well, well, well! What miracles love can do!





TLC has been hard hit by crime again. This year 2 armed and terrifying incidents have necessitated us changing security companies and becoming actively involved in our community policing and sector policing. We have installed more lights, more locks and are raising funds for an internal fence to surround the volunteers cottages.

 
Our community support has grown this year and we are so grateful to so many.
Here is an example of the lovely cupcakes EVERY child gets now on their birthday thanks to the efforts of Leonie Swanepoel and her team from Lewensentrum church.

 
 
Our Faith is getting married!
Lionel and Faith are now engaged and we will be having a
BIG FAT TLC WEDDING next March!

 
Our Girls are all growing into beautiful young women!
We are so proud of each of them! They are a lovely "gang of girls"!

 
The consuming theme of my life for this year has been
"What are those kids up to NOW?"
Reason being the OLD "New Farm" house is being renovated.
Mike Buchanan, our most amazing builder, has managed to transform the two disjointed houses we bought into one incredible, cathedral like, family home!
It is marvellous, miraculous and ...
complete mayhem!
 
My kids are constantly covered in dust, we have been eating on paper plates FOREVER it seems and THAT ONE THING I am looking for ALWAYS seems to be packed in a box at the far corner of ALL THE OTHER boxes and underneath a mountain of debris!



 
Despite the chaos - we are all SO EXCITED to finally be seeing a near finished product.
THANK YOU TO EIN HERZ FUR KINDER
who have sent all the money to reroof and renovate our home!
You are all invited to come and see!
We should be done in one more month!
Just kidding :-)
 
SO I PROMISE I  will be writing more often now!
 
In the meantime, if you don't already know about our
21st Birthday TREE initiative
 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
 and if there is a special TLC someone you would like to plant a tree for
just let us know!
 
 
Good bye for now

Pippa



2 comments:

  1. its so lovely to hear from you... May the Lord bless you and keep you, May his face shine upon you and give you his peace....

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so good to hear from you...

    May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord's face shine upon you and give you his peace...

    Love you all. Sam

    ReplyDelete