Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS!

20 days!!! I cannot, cannot, cannot believe it! 20 DAYS!! Since I last wrote! NO WAY!!
I am so sorry. I know how many of you check regularly for updates and how frustrating it must be to check for 3 WEEKS with nothing! Yikes, I resolve to do better!!

So in these 3 weeks what as happened! WELL ...

We were able to complete 2 more families! One of our little girls and one of our little boys found forever families early in the month ... What a great and special time that is, to have the privilege of being a part of something so marvelous and miraculous!

I also, finally (after 2 years!!) got Mighty's adoption papers in the post! Now I can get Birth Certificates made and then add him to my Medical Insurance which will be a great weigh off my mind!

Last Thursday he had a followup Audiology appointment and his hearing has deteriorated. He now has moderate hearing loss in the left ear and moderate to severe loss in the right. The recommendation is to get him a titanium clip bone implant where a hearing aid can be attached because we cannot get regular hearing aids due to the constant leaking of his ears. ~Sigh~ So much money again!

Jerome had an appointment at the same time and his only option to access the hearing world is definately the cochlear implant. I am still working on finding a funder for this and have a new lead in Germany I am following up. So pray for that one please!!

The HIV check up for the Jarvis 6 went well. Only a hiccup here and there, a couple of concerns about liver function and a drop in one of their CD4's but it's under control ... so we march on :-)

Having some volunteer issues again ~sigh~ I wish you could get a thing like they use to measure heat signatures that could tell you what you're getting before you say yes! It is such a tricky business trying to keep your finger on the pulse of every little thing, making sure you address complaints but not to the detriment of the countless other considerations ... blah blah blah... I guess I'm a little frazzled :-) I usually don't blog the blah stuff! I hope!

OK so maybe I should log off but please pray for us. Things are so overwhelming sometimes it is easy to forget how much great stuff there is too :-)

We love you all
Pippa

Ps: Remember Selby the Pumpkin Money man?

Well, a few days after that I had fetched the kids from school and they asked me to stop and give this other old man a drink one of them had.


We see this man fairly often on our way to or from school.
He uses a homemade walking frame (picture to follow when this website will load them!) to get around and that day it was very hot!



He was cutting the grass on the roadside and tying it in bundles to sell to the thatch roof makers. You get about 20c a bundle ... what a terribly unrewarding job!He said his name is "Baba" which means father in Zulu but I reckon it is just what he is used to people calling him, not actually his given name.


 
Anyhow, he was quite taken aback by the gift and looked suspiciously at us until we left. I guess kindness is not an often experienced thing for him!

1 comment:

  1. That is great news that you have Mighty's adoption papers. Still praying for you all at TLC.

    Love Karen (Ireland)

    ReplyDelete