Friday, December 9, 2011

Hello Friends

Just a quickie.
On Sunday Mom and I were returning from a hospital visit to Joshua, who was hospitalised after a serious injury at a music concert. We stopped at a traffic light as we got off the highway and a man smashed the window on my side, grabbing the handbag from my lap and running off. In the struggle my right hand ring finger was snapped into two pieces and my left arm was cut by the brkon window glass.

I had an operation to insert two pins to help hold the finger together and was released from the hospital on Tuesday. I have a follow up operation in weeks.

I'm doing better but still a little groggy and more than just a little frustrated at having to use my left hand to do everything!

We still plan to move this coming Wednesday and Christmas still looms on the horizon despite having lost all my identfication cards, credit cards and cell phone! 

Thanks to all of you who found out via the grapevine and have sent little messages :-)

I will endevour to write again soon.

By the way we have TLC SA Christmas calenders for sale at R150each. One with  wildlife and one with TLC kids pictures. Drop us an email and we'll hold one for you :-)

We Love you all
Pippa


2 comments:

  1. Dear Pippa my heart does go out to you & how I would dearly love to fly over & use my nursing skills just to look after you. I only knew your family for a very short time but I do love you all. I would love one of your calendars but don't know how to go about paying for it will contact uk tlc & see what they say. I will be remembering you in prayer

    warmest christian love

    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa we will keep you in prayer and all at TLC! It sounds like what happened to the German volunteer with Shoshi's car. Some guy also smashed the window and took the purse... All so quickly! Horrible but we will pray especially for this and your healing!Love you all so much! Prayers for Joshua too.

    ReplyDelete