Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday 12 June

Hello Friends

Another trying day I'm afraid. Tommy was lucid and in good spirits this morning when I went to visit him. We spent the hour trying to communicate with some very weird sign language. His boxing glove hands make that extremely difficult and frustrating but I think he got answers to a lot of the questions he had.

In the afternoon Mom went and she said he had a whole lot more questions and she couldn't make head or tail out of what he wanted and so eventually they we're both close to tears and decided to give up the conversation so Mom just spoke, trying to fill in as many gaps as she could think of.

By this evening when I went again, he was quite unwell. I had taken Crispin with me as he had asked in the morning but now I think that might have been a mistake. Poor Crispin first went all weak and had to sit on the floor for sometime, then he came and stood next to the bed while I spoke to Tommy, when I looked again he had his head on the sidebar of the bed and could only cry and cry and cry which made me cry and cry and cry and then Tommy got really upset and sick.

We are all so emotionally exhausted it only takes a moment and all the composure you have managed to gather crumbles. Crispin sobbed all the way home, my heart just aches and the poor child begins his first set of highschool exams tomorrow. I just wish we could press pause on the world so that TLC can just gather its wits again and we could have time to sit with each child and really find out how they are doing. It is so hard.

Thank you to all of you who have sent us special encouragement and please can I remind you all of the email address for Tommy, it is getwell@tlc.org.za.  He was really excited about the idea and I will start reading the messages to him tomorrow I think - probably a few at each visiting session.

Remember us in your prayers.

We love you all
Pippa

No comments:

Post a Comment