Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tommy can eat!!

Hello Friends!

I am so happy tonight because they have removed his feeding tube! It was a ghastly fat piece of plastic going in right in the centre of his belly just below the ribs and it made me so unconfortable to see it and now it is gone!

His throat is healed enough to eat soft things like yoghurts and the foul tasting protein shakes he has to eat to help with the healing :-(  I'm sure it won't be long before he is eating normally again.

They also seem to have succesfully reduced his dependance on the ventilator so we are hoping to hear some good news soon about moving him from Intensive Care to the General ward.

He was very tired today, probably because of having to breathe and eat more on his own but he seemed happy enough and was keen to show me that he could wiggle his fingers. You can just see the blackened tips of the fingers, as if he was working with oily car parts but the oil was dry.  Here are some pictures he wanted me to take of the fingers.





Tomorrow is set to be a VERY busy day and so I am not sure I'll get to updating you all but I'll do my best to do it as soon as it's possible.

Once again we send you all cyber hugs
We Love You All
Pippa

1 comment:

  1. Great news! God answers prayers, it has been a long hard time for you all, slow progress, but progress indeed.

    love & prayers

    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete